The Sensory Stimulation Program is designed to support individuals with profound intellectual and/or physical challenges to participate in a variety of activities designed to stimulate and maintain individual abilities. Support areas of activity include sensory-motor skill development, therapeutic positioning, personal cares, and adaptive recreational opportunities that include community-based options.
The Sensory Stimulation Program encourages choice and autonomy of activity participation. The trained program staff provide for individualized physical support needs in a respectful and hygienic manner.
- Provide sensory stimulation including tactile, visual, vestibular, proprioception, and auditory activities.
- Provide individual programming to facilitate gross and fine motor skill development.
- Improve individualized prevocational skills with the aid of adaptive modalities.
- Increase self and environmental awareness.
- Improve communication skills to include offering opportunities for choices.
- Provide personal care services and Activities of Daily Living.
Hours of Services
Monday through Friday – 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Our Services Coordinator
Challenge Center, Inc
39 North 25th Street East,
Superior, WI 54880
Phone 715- 394-2771