The Sensory Stimulation Program is designed to support individuals with profound intellectual and/or physical challenges to participate in a variety of activities designed to stimulate and maintain individual abilities. Support areas of activity include sensory-motor skill development, therapeutic positioning, personal cares, and adaptive recreational opportunities that include community-based options.
The Sensory Stimulation Program is designed to provide participants with pre-vocational training and activities. The focus is to assist these individuals towards maximizing their potential and maintaining it in functional activities, personal care, communication, and awareness of self and the environment. This is accomplished through individualized programming to meet the specific needs of each client that enhance their quality of life.
- Provide sensory stimulation including tactile, visual, vestibular, proprioception, and auditory activities.
- Provide individual programming to facilitate gross and fine motor skill development.
- Improve individualized prevocational skills with the aid of adaptive modalities.
- Increase self and environmental awareness.
- Improve communication skills to include offering opportunities for choices.
- Provide personal care services and Activities of Daily Living.
Hours of Services
Monday through Friday – 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Challenge Center, Inc
39 North 25th Street East,
Superior, WI 54880
Phone 715- 394-2771