The Evening and Weekend Recreation Program offers a wide array of community based activities from which to choose. The program is designed to promote and encourage participants to greater fitness and social interaction. The program offers both individual and team sport experiences.
The Leisure Time Activity Program strives to facilitate activities aimed at enhancing the quality of life to adults with developmental disabilities. Consumers select 3 or 4 leisure activities a month from a diverse monthly calendar list of scheduled activities. LTA provides opportunities to participate in community based activities or to learn skills which allow independent use of their leisure time. Activities offers experiences in planning, decision making, and problem solving. These organized opportunities promote individual personal development, independence in the community, and social skills.
- To increase awareness and participation in diverse leisure skills.
- To increase independent participation in the community.
- To promote social skills.
- To promote decision making by offering choices and guidance.
- To maintain and increase existing skills.
- To develop skills and new activities.
- To strengthen personal development through diverse challenges.
- To assist the person served in obtaining access to recreation resources and services in their community.
The Leisure Time Activity Program meets at appropriate planned locations in the community depending on the activity. Participants are picked up by the Challenge Center vehicles at the various residences. Transportation is arranged prior to entry to the program.
Hours of Services
Seven days a week ( as activity dictates) after 3:00 P.M. weekdays and varied on weekends.
Ask for Our Services Coordinator
Challenge Center, Inc.
39 North 25th Street East,
Superior, WI 54880
Phone 715- 394-2771