The Leisure Time Activity Program provides services aimed at enhancing the quality of community life for adults with long-term developmental service needs. The Challenge Center would like to thank the City of Superior for their generous support of our Leisure Time and Recreational Activities.
Through LTA services participants are encouraged to suggest and choose from 3 or 4 public events going on each month. The LTA Program supports and enhances individual choice in leisure time pursuits encouraging increased experience in planning, decision making, and problem solving while supporting greater participation in community life.
- To increase awareness and participation in diverse leisure skills.
- To increase independent participation in the community.
- To promote social skills.
- To promote decision making by offering choices and guidance.
- To maintain and increase existing skills.
- To develop skills and new activities.
- To strengthen personal development through diverse challenges.
- To assist the person served in obtaining access to recreation resources and services in their community.
Location and Time
The LTA Program aim is to support greater inclusiveness for individuals with long-term care needs who might not otherwise have full access to a variety of public events throughout the community. LTA Program scheduling is arranged to compliment the events often occurring evenings and/or weekends when other access services and supports are not readily available.
Ask for Our Services Coordinator
Challenge Center, Inc.
39 North 25th Street East,
Superior, WI 54880
Phone 715- 394-2771